cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PC Anywhere 12.1 through a Linksys RVS4000 Router issue - HELP!!!

mattfhamby
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

I have a network that uses a Linksys RVS4000 Wireless Router. I have a computer on that network that is a host for PC Anywhere 12.1. I use a laptop to connect to that computer from other locations. This worked fine when I was using an older Linksys router. I can connect to the computer from the laptop when I am on the local network that the host computer is on. So, I assume that the issue is in the router firewall. I went into the router and turned off all the blocking that I would think affected this - no luck (I changed everything back after a test)! With that said, I have tried to find information on what the settings should be - with no luck! I cannot find where to do port forwarding on this router. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a walkthrough on how to set this router up to use the PC Anywhere!

Thanks,

Matt Hamby

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Matt,

Go over this link, pick your model , pdf admin guides are there,  acls   and  port forwarding instruictions are  also in these docs.

http://www.ciscopress.info/en/US/products/ps9923/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks - I found that yesterday - I believe I have a conflict inside the network though. I will have to go and figure out what has been done to this "network". I may have more questions once I have it maped out. Last night I looked this thing over and bypassed the router and connected to the Host PC w/o any issues. The problem with that is that the network computer quit working, so the printer is getting an IP from that router.

Thanks for your help!

you're welcome  , have not used those devices myself but  we could go over instructions,  provided you resolve the conflict in question.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

I appreciate the offer, and will hopefully have something else to post by Monday!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: