cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PC Anywhere 12.1 through a Linksys RVS4000 Router issue - HELP!!!

mattfhamby
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

I have a network that uses a Linksys RVS4000 Wireless Router. I have a computer on that network that is a host for PC Anywhere 12.1. I use a laptop to connect to that computer from other locations. This worked fine when I was using an older Linksys router. I can connect to the computer from the laptop when I am on the local network that the host computer is on. So, I assume that the issue is in the router firewall. I went into the router and turned off all the blocking that I would think affected this - no luck (I changed everything back after a test)! With that said, I have tried to find information on what the settings should be - with no luck! I cannot find where to do port forwarding on this router. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a walkthrough on how to set this router up to use the PC Anywhere!

Thanks,

Matt Hamby

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Matt,

Go over this link, pick your model , pdf admin guides are there,  acls   and  port forwarding instruictions are  also in these docs.

http://www.ciscopress.info/en/US/products/ps9923/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks - I found that yesterday - I believe I have a conflict inside the network though. I will have to go and figure out what has been done to this "network". I may have more questions once I have it maped out. Last night I looked this thing over and bypassed the router and connected to the Host PC w/o any issues. The problem with that is that the network computer quit working, so the printer is getting an IP from that router.

Thanks for your help!

you're welcome  , have not used those devices myself but  we could go over instructions,  provided you resolve the conflict in question.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

I appreciate the offer, and will hopefully have something else to post by Monday!