Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Messsage Expiry

alfred.thyri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to auto delete voicemails in Unity Express, since they are forwarded via SMTP.

In Mailbox Settings I can adjust message expiry time, but this does not delete the message - feature or bug?!

Actually the only idea to solve this situation is manually delete the messages via IMAP access.

Any other suggestions?

regards,

Alfred

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no way to automatically delete a message. When enabled, the "voicemail message mandatory-expiry" feature  forces the user to delete the expired messages from the mailbox before continuing on further.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

There is no way to automatically delete a message. When enabled, the "voicemail message mandatory-expiry" feature  forces the user to delete the expired messages from the mailbox before continuing on further.

Thanks,

Marcos

Is this really so?!? Even though the admin guide tells that that is an optional configuration issue?

"(Optional) The default message storage time.

The message storage time is the number of days for which the system will save old messages. As a message approaches this storage time, the system alerts the subscriber to resave or delete the message. If the subscriber takes no action when the maximum storage time is reached, the system deletes the message. "

I have the same problem in my installation (CUCM 6.1.4, CUE 7.1)

Best  Wishes Satu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: