cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS with hosted exchange

Amit Shah
Level 1
Level 1

i am trying to connect CUPS with an hosted exhchange. Is this possible? What is needed to make this work. It is a RPC connection over HTTPS

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

CUPS/CUPC use Exchange in a couple of ways... neither of those is HTTP/RPC.

1) IMAP Access to voicemail from CUPC - obviously requires IMAP access to your mailbox

2) OWA/WebDAV for 'in a meeting' status - requires OWA and WebDAV enabled..

If you don't have these kinds of access, you'll not get access to those features unfortunately. Maybe query your hosting provider on what they will allow...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

You should still be able to use IMAP with a hosted solution to download voicemail..  Meeting free/busy information will not work because of webdav.  I think your bigger issue is, how do voicemails get from (I assume) your onsite Unity or Unity Connection to the hosted solution.  The only way it can is to use SMTP forwarding to the server.  The IMAP will not download the voicemails because they will not be tagged (have not tried, but may work).

If you are using Unity Connection, you could have the CUPC client connect directly the server using IMAP and play voicemails.  

As for voice mail, it is on a stand alone unity doing voice mail only (not unified). I am not worried about that. My only concern is trying to get meeting status from exchange

Yeah, not going to happen for meeting free/busy information if its hosted.     There is a mentioning of host exchange and Calendaring in CUPS 8.0.  So it may work, but I have not had a chance to test this.

Hi

So getting WebDAV/OWA access would be one thing... and getting your hosted provider to set up an account with the necessary privileges to access all your users may be another difficult/impossible task.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Agreed. And of course nothing is free from hosted providers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: