Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 888 and ZyXel P-783H interoperability

dzmitrok-v
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community

I  have to solve the task manager put in front of me: make Cisco 888 and ZyXel P-783H G.SHDSL routers cooperate to provide 4 wire access to ISP.

I able to get DSL link up using SANP encapsulation (LLC on ZyXEL side), however Cisco TX counters reports 0 .RX increasing constantly.

This is the part of atm configuration:

!
interface ATM0
no ip address
no atm ilmi-keepalive
pvc 0/33
  protocol ip 87.252.254.149 broadcast
  encapsulation aal5mux ip
!
bridge-group 1
end

ZyXel is set as Bride using RFC 1483 encapsulation and LLC multiplexing.

I've tried troubleshooting technic described into  " IP over ATM " section of support site.

If I set the  LLC encapsulation I"ve got only singe error message stating encapsulation error : "Send:Error in encapsulation, No VC for address 0x00"

if I set encapsulation to VC (on ZyXel and aal5muc on cisco 888) debugging output produce constant encapsulation error messages "  0: ATM(ATM0) Send:Error in encapsulation, No VC for address 0x0"

And again, TX counter doesn't increase.

From this I conclude that such configuration is not viable: however I would like to ask  community if someone faced similar problems. Any help would be highly appreciated. Many thanks in advance...

1 Reply 1

dzmitrok-v
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I will have to answer myself, since I solved the problem:

First I have to admit, that this configuration is fully viable, and my problem were  related only to luck of knowledge.

ZyXEL Configuration:

WAN interface: Bridge mode, Encapsulation RFC 1483, multiplexing LLC, service type- server,service mode 4-wire, standard mode - annex b, no reate adoption, max -rate -match the Cisco settings. Additional setting - allow PPPoE and everything else, that might prevent the traffic to go through  the ZyXEL, firewall, NAT and so on...

And Cisco 888:

controller DSL 0
mode atm
line-term cpe
line-mode 4-wire enhanced
dsl-mode shdsl symmetric annex B
ignore-error-duration  15
line-rate 4480

interface ATM0
mtu 1500
ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
no atm ilmi-keepalive
pvc 3/36
  inarp 1
  no oam-pvc manage
  encapsulation aal5snap
  pppoe max-sessions 10
  pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1

Last 2 lines are related to provider's authorisation. We use PPPoE, but might be set PPP or PPPoEoverATM as well.

Diler interfaece accordingly.

Cheers...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card