cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME Detailed Device interface Last Changed date reporting

john.caterino
Level 1
Level 1

How do I create a custom template rule to get ports that have changed since a particular date?

LMS 3.1 RME 4.2

when creating a custom template rule for "interfaces" "Last Changed", the date format in the rule is different than

the field in detailed device reports.  I thought the field " last changed " was the point along the sysuptime timeline

but the sysuptime is less than the number of days in "LastChanged".

any help appreciated..

3 Replies 3

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

There is no relation between the sysuptime of a device and the lastchange of any of it's interfaces

Cheers,

Michel

That explains why the last change numbers are sometimes higher than the sysuptime.  Thank You!!!!

is there a particular way to select the "Value" in RME-Custom Template Reports-Custom Template-rules when choosing

Inventory group= interface ,   Attribute = Last Changed (yy:mm:dd:hh)  ?

The format requires years,months,days and hours while the value of the field is xxxx days, hh:mm:ss

I seem to be unable to get the correct results...

I have never tried that. I always used a selection from the default change report.

Date value are always a pain when queries need to be done. Format probably is US style.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: