cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error message on 1242 WAP

bibach
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to make a simple configuration change on an AIR-AP1242AG-A-K9 wireless access point.  When I try to save the change using the "copy run start" or "write mem" command I get the following error message after the unit trys to build the configuration.  Here is my complete string of commands.

A01#copy run start
Destination filename [startup-config]?
Building configuration...

Error writing new config file "flash:/config.txt.new"
nv_done: unable to open "flash:/config.txt.new"
Error writing new block-fs file "flash:/private-multiple-fs.new"[OK]

The configuration change does appear in the run config but does not save to the startup config.

4 Replies 4

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

This often happens because there isn't enough free space in the flash.  Do a "dir" and see if you have some crashfiles or rcore files that can be deleted to free up some space.

Dan,

You are terrific!!!. I have 20+ crash files in the flash directory so I deleted 2 of them and tried to save my configuration changes just see what would happened and it worked. I suppose it is a good idea to remove the rest of the crash files however, part of the reason I am doing what I am doing is because I am preparing to upgrade these units to LWAPP. Will these files get wiped out when I do the conversion or will they be in the way of the conversion? No sense in going to all the work of deleting the files if they are going to get wiped out anyway. Yet, if they are taking up space that is needed in the conversion process then I'll do what I have to do.

Bob Ibach

Telecommunications Services

Western Washington University

360-650-6812

bob.ibach@wwu.edu

If you are going to convert the AP's over to LWAPP then definately remove all of them.  The conversion does not remove the old crashfiles.  I have seen issues with the conversions if there are too many because there isn't enough space for the conversion process.

Thank you for the advice. That is what I was afraid of, looks like I have some files to delete (times 74), the number of units I am converting.

Bob Ibach

Telecommunications Services

Western Washington University

360-650-6812

bob.ibach@wwu.edu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: