Fast-dials are speed dials, speed-dials are fast dials?

Answered Question
Apr 14th, 2010

Alrighty correct me if I'm wrong but it seems all the information is a little turned around. I thought I was configuring everyones personal speed dials through CCA but then I went to take a look and "no record found." Funny thing was that if I hit the number of the line that the speed dial is configured for then abbrdial sure enough dials the number I configured within CCA. But then how to get anything to get on the list of the personal speed dial directory. Sure manually from every single phone..right.. o'kay testing what my users can do from there profile within the unity manager gui. Ahh, they can configure fast it says fast dial in there but really it configures the personal speed dial list in directories. I've got to do some training on these phones next week and thought the turtorial I've downloaded from Cisco would be of great assistance. That guide says a user can configure their fast dials from the phone, but I can only see that they can configure their personal speed dials. Am I crazy or is everything flip flopped?

One more thing is I wish the help button could be functional in the pro series. Sure would help my users, I understand only full blown managers have this luxery.

Any feed back is appreciated

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
SHeidemann Wed, 04/14/2010 - 12:58

That was a little more accurate, It would be all good if only the directory would fill in when you enter them in through CCA likewise be picked up by the user gui. The users unity gui seems to be the only place that you can fill that directory in. It's almost like the 2 are totally seperate from eachother but I played a little yesterday, I had entered a number through the unity gui and had to completely close and reopen CCA for it to grab the information, refreshing wouldn't pick it up. Anyway... I think I'm starting to understand it how this wants to operate they really are corolated with eachother right? The directory will only display 24 and the fast dials will go up to 55, and they need to virtually be configured the same in what line they're on yes.

Thanks for the link

SHeidemann Wed, 04/21/2010 - 16:31

CCA should come up with another configuration button to populate the personal speed dials directories. I think on the UC540 it does populate the personal speed dial directory... can't remember. As far as I can tell there is not a way to populate the personal speed dial directory without using the other gui where they call it fast dials, which is totally backwards. I like keeping them seperately configurable but there is the missing link.

This Discussion