Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 inventory collection issue

Dear all

I am using lms 3.1 on which i can take inventory and archive for all the switches in network.I can also see all switches in topology map.

But i have a core switch 6500 on which inventory collection is not working but archive is working.

Did any one faced issue for lms 3.1 in inventory collection.

I had verified the telnet and snmp verification job.It shows successfull.

i am using snmpv3 commands

Pls reply to me if any one has faced the same issue

Thanks

Danesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

LMS does not have a serial number. You can just call the TAC number and one of our agents will help you get the case opened. You can also try:

http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do

Under Technology choose "Network Management CiscoWorks", for Subtechnology choose whichever LMS module the problem concerns i.e. RME.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are several reasons this device could be failing. Please go to RME > Devices >  Inventory > Inventory Jobs. Click on the Job ID which failed for this device, then click Failed and post a screenshot. If it shows something like this:

RICS0001:Internal Error,unable to process the collected data from the device.

Then you are probably hitting CSCsv65621. There is a patch available for this via TAC or you can upgrade to LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1 which is recommended since it has other patches you can benefit from.

Dear joel

thanks for prompt  reply

Pls find below the screen shot

Thanks and regards

-Danish

Please enable debugging for Inventory Collection under RME -> Admin -> System Preferences -> Loglevel Settings ->(Application) ICServer -> (Logging level). Choose Debug for all 3 lines. Run a new inventory collection for this device alone. Post the IC_Server.log, ICServer.log and ICServer_UI.log (under CSCOpx\log) and show tech of this device. Under CSCOpx\files\rme\jobs\ICServer look for a folder with the same job ID number as this inventory job. ZIP it and post it.

Dear Joel

Thanks for your reply

Pls find attached the Requested files

Regards

-Danesh

Your device is timing out:

SnmpRequestTimeout on 172.20.100.1 while performing SnmpWalk(*) at index = -1

Please run a credential verification job for this device in Device Center for SNMP and make sure it works. If so, try increasing the SNMP timeout for this device under RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices. Search for the device, hit Edit Device Attributes and then Inline Edit to increase the SNMP timeout. Also make sure you have the latest packages for RME. If still no go, provide me a new IC_Server.log with debugging enabled.

Hi Danesh,

Just wanted to add the log also shows a NumberFormatException which points to the initial bug I pointed out CSCsv65621. The recommend action is to move to LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1 as you can get a patch for this bug but will most likely hit other known bugs that should be fixed after upgrade.

Hi joel

I had increased the snmp timeout,and started inventory collection

But still same issue

Now its showing failed in snmp credential verification,

Its showing successfull for telnet username,password,enable password.

I am using snmp v3. All the switches i have the same configuration.

pls find attached the logs

Thanks and regards

-Danesh

What happens if you try to walk the device using SNMPv3, does it also fail?  Go into Device Center, search for the device and click on it.  Choose SNMP Walk from the options that appear and in Starting OID just type sysObjectID.  Does this work? If so, how long does it take the device to respond? If not, attach a DCR export for this device along with a "sh snmp group" and "sh snmp user".

/cwhp/dcr.device.management.do

Dear Joe

I had done a snmp walk through

But for snmpv3 its showing read password should be atleast 8 charactars.But i have the snmp password with 4 characters in all switches.

So for testing i tried with snmpv1.it shows successfull on credential verification and also in snmp walk through.

But still inventory collection is showing failed.Error showing is device collection failed.

Thanks

-Danesh

Yes, it will continue to fail because you are hitting the bug I mentioned. You can either upgrade (although you might then encounter CSCtb16925) or open a TAC case to get a patch for RME 4.2.

For SNMPv3, per rfc2574 and rfc2264, section 11.2: "If the Appendix A algorithm is used, SNMP v3 implementations (and SNMP configuration applications) must ensure that passwords are at least 8 characters in length."

So you should configure all your devices with 8 character passwords or you will have more issues in the future.

Dear Joel

I am planning to go with tac.

I had tried all the possible option.But it didnt work.

Thanks for your support.I will update you once i will get solution from TAC.

Could you pls help me out to get serial number from LMS GUI to raise the TAC.

Regards

-Danesh

LMS does not have a serial number. You can just call the TAC number and one of our agents will help you get the case opened. You can also try:

http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do

Under Technology choose "Network Management CiscoWorks", for Subtechnology choose whichever LMS module the problem concerns i.e. RME.

Dear Joel

I had got patch from cisco tac and the issue is solve now.

Thanks for your support

Regards

Danish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: