cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add a device

cheung2009
Level 1
Level 1

I added a node on the CiscoWork via 'the Common Services". CiscoWork prompted the node was added success.

Later, I searched the node in the “Common Services” and could not find it. Then I added the node again. CiscoWork prompted there was a duplicated node.

However, I could not find the node in CiscoWork.

Please help……..

Regards

Kelvin Cheung

5 Replies 5

Joel Monge
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this server integrated with ACS? Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports > Devices that are not configured in ACS Report.  Run the report and check if the device appears there. If so, this device needs to be added in ACS under NETWORK CONFIGURATION. If you are not integrating with ACS, perform an export of DCR and make sure the device is there.

james.wells
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

try query the inventory and see the state of the device

Solaris:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/cwcli inventory getdevicestate -u your-cw-userid -p your-cw-passwd -device hostname-of-device-with-the-issue

Sample output:

INFO - Device State Information
DisplayName:            Device State
sample-device.uk.com:                NORMAL

Kind Regards

James

cheung2009
Level 1
Level 1

Now I can manage all nodes except the "Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5)". All the devices are authenticated via Cisco Secure ACSv4.2.

The PIX Firewall has all credentials Verification failed.

I could SSH to the PIX Firewall manually successfully from the CiscoWork Server and I checked the "Reports and Activity" on the Cisco ACS. The 'Pass Authentication" report log was there. 

But, when I did  "Device Credential Verification Jobs" on the Cisco Firewall" , I could find any logs on the Cisco ACS "Report and Activity", including both "Passed Authentication" and "Failed Attempt"

I am sure I put the right passwords and usernames on the Cisco Firewall device set up.

Any ideas how to do the troubleshooting and PLEASE HELP.....

Regards

Kelvin Cheung

Hi

Make sure the model and version of PIX is supported by your LMS version as i have had issue in the past with this. RME will require a mim model and OS version for config collection.

LMS 3.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/device_support/table/lms32sdt.html

Kind Regards

James

According to the help from James, My Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5) is NOT suppported from CiscoWork..

But I only need to back up the config on the PIX via CiscoWork.

I can SSH from the CiscoWork server to the PIX. However, When I did the credential check on the PIX, I got the error message "Device Not Reachable"

At the moment, I only use SSH between the PIX and CiscoWrok.

Please help to get it working.

Thanks in advance.....

Kelvin Cheung