Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

windows 7 connect to asa using ipsec/ikev2/ssl

has anyone been able to connect to an ipsec or ssl vpn on an ASA using the built-in clients that windows 7 has? I would like to know if it is possible and how to do so with out installing a software client. Windows vista and XP could do connect to a vpn concentrator 3000 if pptp was enabled using the builtin client but I would like to do so with ipsec or ssl.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

You can connect to the ASA using L2TP/IPsec using the standard OS (without a VPN client on the host machine).

Federico.

I tried adding the extra high-security proposals that windows vista and 7 use and a separate security group but I still could not connect my windows 7 laptop to my ASA.

If the ASA has a plain IPsec server configuration, then you need the IPsec client to connect from your computer.

If you configure L2TP/IPsec on the ASA, then you can connect without the VPN client.

Here's the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa81/config/guide/l2tp_ips.html

Federico.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: