Set on-/off-net call classification within a H.323 GW?

Answered Question
Apr 15th, 2010
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Hi,
I have searched for a possibility to set on-net or off-net call classification within a H.323 gateway. Reason being that the GW in question has a Q.SIG connection to a PBX, that houses old DECT phones, and also has a connection to the PSTN. What I'd like to achieve is that calls to/from the PBX is classified as on-net and calls to/from the PSTN is classified as off-net.

If this is not possible I’ll have to setup the GW as both H.323 and MGCP and do the classification for on-/off-net in the UCM. But I’d like to avoid that if possible.

Best regards

Roger Kallberg

Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 7 years 1 month ago

Hi

The On-net/off-net classification only exists as an admin field in CallManager - it's not signaled out anywhere.

So you'll have to go with the MGCP/H.323 option I guess.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Thu, 04/15/2010 - 02:54
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

The On-net/off-net classification only exists as an admin field in CallManager - it's not signaled out anywhere.

So you'll have to go with the MGCP/H.323 option I guess.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content