cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA MC 5.2 restore backup config fails

rmcarthur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, while trying to restore a backup configuration to a CSA MC I get the following error.

Arithmetic overflow error converting expression to data type datetime.

Database csamc52 restoring failed!

From that it looks to be a date formatting error or similar. Any suggestions as to how I can correct or recover from this?

Thanks,

Ross

6 Replies 6

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Is it a restore to the same server as the backup was created on ?

Hi Jan, thanks for responding. Yes, this is an attempt to restore to the same MC the backup was created from.

Thanks,

Ross

So just to be sure :

The server newly installed and is up and running with a default config, or are you just trying to revert a working csamc to an older backup ?

Are you local admin on the server ?

Did you remember to stop the csagent on the server before running restore ?

Are you running the same csamc version on the server as when the backup was done ?

Jan

Hi Jan, the server is more or less new though I have generated quite a few rules.

The MC is fully operational and has no problems, I just wanted to test and verify the operation of the restore process before I really need to use it. I'm glad I did!

I have local admin privileges on the server the MC is installed on.

I am attempting to use the restore configuration utility in the /bin directory which performs the agent stop operation as part of its process.

I am restoring to the same MC that the backup was made from.

If you need any further information, just ask

Thanks again for your help.

Ross

I'm fresh out of ideas, you should probably start a TAC case for this issue.

Hi Jan, thanks for your time and I appreciate your help with this problem.

There are other issues with the install now too so I agree that the next step is a TAC case.

Thanks again,

Ross

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: