cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration for persist for CBQoS MIB

nicholas_ong
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure CBQoS persist for a customer network so as to monitor CBQoS statistics but it the command somehow doesn't appear on the router.  "snmp-server ifindex persist" is already configured.

router(config)#snmp mib persist ?
  circuit     Circuit MIB persistence
  event       event MIB persistence
  expression  expression MIB persistence
  <cr>

The router is loaded with this image - c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-23.bin which seemed to be suitable version according to this page

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t4/ht_cbqos.html

What did I leave out?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I could be mistaken, but isn't c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-23.bin IOS 12.4(23) "mainline"? The URL you're quoting is for 12.4(4)T, in which the "T" stands for "Technology". It's one of those confusing aspects of IOS naming convention, but those two are apparently two different "trains", with the "T" images packing more features but maybe also more bug-prone.

The cbqos keyword has been added to the "snmp mib persist cbqos" global command starting from 12.4(4)T, but most often not in the mainline code until a much later release.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I could be mistaken, but isn't c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-23.bin IOS 12.4(23) "mainline"? The URL you're quoting is for 12.4(4)T, in which the "T" stands for "Technology". It's one of those confusing aspects of IOS naming convention, but those two are apparently two different "trains", with the "T" images packing more features but maybe also more bug-prone.

The cbqos keyword has been added to the "snmp mib persist cbqos" global command starting from 12.4(4)T, but most often not in the mainline code until a much later release.

Thanks for your reply.  I think I had confused the ROM Bootstrap with the actual System Image.

-- ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Can't imagine that I did that....