Views
Helpful
Replies

STM1 link

Shibu1978
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert,

Would like to know the maximum bandwidth we get in a STM1 link . its been terminated as ethernet in both ends.   Can we get upload/download 155mbps at a time... i mean while i download 155mbps can i upload 155mps data as well as through this link.

is it possible ?

Thanks

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but if the presentation to you is ethernet or fast ethernet, you won't see 155Mbps. You should still have a full duplex connection though.

(Unless of course you have gig e ports)

Kevin

View solution in original post

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

How is this STM-1 link provided to you?If Service Provider have some small SDH box in your premise and it is on Fast Ethernet then it cannot go beyond 100Mbps but as mentioned by Brennan you will have 100Mb duplex connection.

You can get 155Mbps if Service Provider is Provding service through SDH box which is STM -4 capacity and have Gig etherent port. Till few years back even STM- 4 boxes have 100Mb etherent port so you could get 100Mb.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes.

Hi,

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but if the presentation to you is ethernet or fast ethernet, you won't see 155Mbps. You should still have a full duplex connection though.

(Unless of course you have gig e ports)

Kevin

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

How is this STM-1 link provided to you?If Service Provider have some small SDH box in your premise and it is on Fast Ethernet then it cannot go beyond 100Mbps but as mentioned by Brennan you will have 100Mb duplex connection.

You can get 155Mbps if Service Provider is Provding service through SDH box which is STM -4 capacity and have Gig etherent port. Till few years back even STM- 4 boxes have 100Mb etherent port so you could get 100Mb.

Thanks for your reply.

Its a Gig ethernet port termination at both end using SDH.  so same time i get both upload/download 155mbps through this link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card