Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS MB Question

hello everybody,

I want to install "waas mb, but I do not understand the table 1 of document installation, specifically the part of " Capacty (max concurret users) and Capacity (max active users) "could someone explain to which they relate.

Table 1 WAAS MB Hardware.JPG

Other question: WAAS MB can install in a Virtual Server ? (of course, consistent with the requirements of the installation document).

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Concurrent users refers to the number of users that have a current open connection between the WAAS Mobile client and server. A concurrent user consumes one license slot on the server.  An active user is a concurrent user that is actually transmitting data at any one instant. A WAAS Mobile server can service many concurrent users, but a smaller number of active users.

WAAS Mobile can run on a virtual machine, but is not officially supported until the 3.5 release due out this month (April 2010). Capacity should be discounted as one would do for any virtual machine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

iain.hardcastle
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding running the server in a VM, I would recommend you apply the same logic you would apply to running anything in a VM.

Obviously, there will be a performance hit of running something in a VM, if you can live with that given any benefits you get from doing so, then go for it.

That said, given what WAAS Mobile server is doing, I would err on the side of not provisioning on a VM.

Concurrent users refers to the number of users that have a current open connection between the WAAS Mobile client and server. A concurrent user consumes one license slot on the server.  An active user is a concurrent user that is actually transmitting data at any one instant. A WAAS Mobile server can service many concurrent users, but a smaller number of active users.

WAAS Mobile can run on a virtual machine, but is not officially supported until the 3.5 release due out this month (April 2010). Capacity should be discounted as one would do for any virtual machine.

Excellent.

thanks a lot Klanzill.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: