Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.2 error "CM0055 Access permission" on C7301 Router

Sean Gilkes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have been looking high and low and still cannot find this error message described anywhere.  Has anyone seen this error, which is generated during configuration archival when trying to copy the VLAN information?  Archival of the running and startup  configurations work fine.

Cheers,

SRGi

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error means the device is not able to be managed because it is either in a conflicting state, a suspended state, or there was a problem retrieving state information.  I don't know why RME is trying to fetch the VLAN config for a 7301.  It's not using the code to do so.  It sounds like perhaps the startup and running config were archived previously, but now the device is in a conflicting state.  What is the sysObjectID of this device?  If you view its attributes in DCR, what is the device type there?

I checked the device OID and it is .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0 = OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.476.  Device reports say that DCR views these devices as 7301 routers.  The strange thing is the date specified in the error report.  Last week these messages weren't there but the error that is generated is thus:

rbecp3p11.ncaop.net VLAN RUNNING Sep 25 2007 20:13:47 CM0055 Access permission denied for rbecp3p11.ncaop.net Cause: Device may be deleted or in suspended state. Action: Manage the device in RME.

I cannot imagine why a message from 2007 should now appear here...

Nor can I.  Go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive, and create a new job to sync this router's config.  Check the box for "Fetch Startup".  Run the job, and see if it completes successfully.  It should, and the VLAN configuration should not be attempted.

--

Please support CSC Helps Haiti

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8895

https://supportforums.cisco.com

Correct!  A VLAN collection is not attempted; I even captured the archival session with wireshark, and there is no command sent by CiscoWorks for VLAN archival...  So my question is why is this message showing up..?  And - more importantly - how can I get rid of it..?

Cheers,

SRGi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: