Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

do we need QoS or SRR queue in a 3560 switch

Hi

In our org we are 3560 switches as layer 2 swtiches only workstations are connected to it , since i am new here i am seeing mls qos commands and srr-queue commands just wanted to know do we need really need bandwidth share QoS enabled when i switch is acting as a layer 2 switch..

Karthik

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Karthik,

If you don't need QOS, then don't configure it specially since you are not running VoIP.

HTH

Reza

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

karthikgopi wrote:

Hi

In our org we are 3560 switches as layer 2 swtiches only workstations are connected to it , since i am new here i am seeing mls qos commands and srr-queue commands just wanted to know do we need really need bandwidth share QoS enabled when i switch is acting as a layer 2 switch..

Karthik

Karthik

Impossible to say without knowing the company policy on bandwidth usage, security etc. They may be there for a very good reason and then again they may be just default config. Just because the 3560 is acting as a L2 switch does not mean the QOS commands are not being used.

Jon

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I agree with Jon here, whether you have VoIP or not does not necessarily mean that you don't require QoS.  QoS maybe implemented specifically for egress scheduling for other protocols other than Voice.  Therefore QoS may have simply been configured due to your own company policy/requirements or has been configured without any specific reason.  Unfortunately you will only be able identify the real reason from discussing this with your peers.

Regards

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: