Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR G2 (PPPoE)

mailaglady2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am testing these new ISR G2 routers but now my problem is, on the ISR G2 I don't get the option to set up the protocol to PPPoE under the vpdn group name configuration instead there's only protocol l2tp. Previously I have tested an 877W for PPPoE and it worked well, however, I'm using the same configs and the same ADSL line but I don't get an IP address from my BRAS.

Can anybody post me the basic configs that should be on the BRAS (C10K) and the configs that should be on the 2951 (PPPoE client) for PPPoE connection?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not need vpdn for pppoe client. The configuration is the same as for any other router, and if doesn-t work, there is something wrong, eg a cached mac.

Hi

Thanks for your response, however, I need clarity on this issue.

If I'm running PPPoE on an ATM interface, do I need to configure/enable vpdn and if I'm running PPPoA do I also need to confiure/enable vpdn? all these configs are for the client mode.

Is vpdn still needed on the client router if running PPPoE or PPPoA?

As indicated above, vpdn is never needed for client.

Documentation that still references that, is obsolete.

I dont think so, all you needed was to configure the interface with dialer group. and configure dialer, why dont you show your server and client setting ?

Hi

Sorry for the late response, I have attached the configs for both the my CE and PE routers.

Kind regards

Mpho

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card