cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EtherChannel Sub interface

btillmangov
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to create a Etherchannel wtih sub interfaces to support VLAN inter-routing between 3825 ESM module to 3750 G 1RU switch.  I can create the etherchannel between the 3825 and 3750 without subinterfaces and etherchannel works fine and can assign it to a VLAN.

But now the requirement has changed and customer wants to inter-route vlans across the etherchannel.  Took the router on a stick approach across the ehterchannel but subinterface support doesn't seem possible.

I created the etherchannel with subinterfaces fine on the 3825 but when i add the physical interfaces into my ether-channels my config deletes the subinterfaces and defaults back to a plain vanillia port-channel interface. Below are the IOS i'm working with. It appears this configuration isn't supported on the ESM module but no warning given in software

Cisco 3825 Router

IOS: 12.4(15)T12

Cisco 3750G Switch

IOS: 12.2.52-SE(ED)

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Have a look at this config example using 7200 route.

Follow the sequance the same way as this example and see what happens

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_example09186a00800ef797.shtml

HTH

Reza

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Btillmangov,

use an L2 trunk etherchannel and configure SVI Vlan interfaces for each vlan. etherswitch module of ISR may support L2 only etherchannels

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card