Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip registration changes port?

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'm trying to resolve my problem with a UC560 that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. In talking with my Sip provider they tell me that they see my registrations coming in on odd ports. I'm not so sure that this is really my problem, however all the boxes I have out there are registering oddly. I can't determine where the change is taking place. The deal is that my first attempt to register is going to be denied as it is a url address, then a second attempt is made to the actual ip and then it will register. This is default behavior of the Sip provider. My first attempts do always come through on 5060. The port changes on the second attempt to some off brand port. What I want to know is, is there a default config in the UC pro boxes that will change the port? I would sure appreciate any thoughts on what could be going on as it seems across the board UC540 and 560 my registrations aren't behaving ideally. I feel there is something else going on with the 560 as it is having troubles passing traffic to extensions once it does get past the Auto attendant, but eliminating this trouble would help all over.

Thank ya much

Steph

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stevekeller007
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar behavior when using a voice gateway to register with SIP server and using Communications Manager 7.1

In the debugs we could see the socket in use change its port from 5060 to something like 65410 when talking to the SIP server.

there is a hidden IOS command we used to stop that from happening, and we registered just fine after that.

under sip-ua then "connection-reuse" . this forced the gateway to use port 5060. hope it works for you

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please see if this helps.  It gives you some things you can check with CCA Monitor...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9830

stevekeller007
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar behavior when using a voice gateway to register with SIP server and using Communications Manager 7.1

In the debugs we could see the socket in use change its port from 5060 to something like 65410 when talking to the SIP server.

there is a hidden IOS command we used to stop that from happening, and we registered just fine after that.

under sip-ua then "connection-reuse" . this forced the gateway to use port 5060. hope it works for you

Thank you so much you saved my tail end. We have a firewall that is locked down pretty tight, let me just say this information came right on time it was exactly what I needed. Registering and calls are going through consistantly now. Whew!

Thank you thank you

Stephanie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: