cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Most stable CCA / UC 520 package combo

changjoe
Level 1
Level 1
I'm looking to upgrade my UC 520s. Which versions of the CCA and upgrade package has been the most trouble-free so far? I greatly appreciate any insight into this; I understand any experience in upgrading the 500 series is hard-won knowledge :)

Thanks in advance,
  Joe

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joe,

I would recommend the following:

• CCA 2.2.2
  • CME Version 8.0.2 (UC5XX all versions)

This combination has proven successful thus far :)

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks David.

David,

How many systems do you have on 8.0.2?  I have heard that some are having CUE issues with this firmware release, and have therefore been a little hesitant in making the move.  Have you had any troubles?  This issue has been identified and acknowledged by an SBSC technician to me on a phone call last week on Friday.

Thanks,

Seth

Seth,

Remember 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 have the same CUE (7.1.3).  Only the IOS changed in the 8.0.2 as I recall.

Steve

Hi Steve,

That may be the case, and I'm not trying to start any rumors, but I had read on this website that some had been having a few problems with CUE on the 8.0.2 release.  I had to call SBSC for an unrelated issue and I asked the technician about this.  The technician replied that they had observed a few situations where some UC500s have been experiencing small audio drops when either leaving or retreiving a voicemail.

Thanks,

Seth

Seth,

No worries.  Full disclosure...nothing to hide.

I myself, replied on this community to the Audo delay (I dont want to say drops because we dont see that) on CUE 7.1.3.

We understand the issue and have it solved in CUE 7.1.6. 

8.0.0, 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 ALL have CUE 7.1.3, so it is in moving to either of these bundles, that you will see the condition on voicemail.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-10361

Thats my only point.   To me, I would rather have the IOS fixes in 15.0(1)XA2 (part of 8.0.2) and live with the audio latency until 8.0.3 bundle is released.

In the mean time, you can open a case with TAC/SBSC and ask for the CUE 7.1.6 and you can upgrade it using CCA 2.2.2 (as I have done) if the audio issuse is a big one for your end customer....

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that clarification.  I haven't run into this issue personally, so I was more inquiring whether David Trad had seen it in his rollouts.  That said, it is good to know that there is a fix in 7.1.6 if it shows up.  I will upgarde the UC540 in our lab to 8.0.2 and see if we see anything similar.

Thanks again, you're always very helpful.

Seth

Hi Seth,

I can not say that I have come across the said problem..

The only problem I have encountered with the CUE in version 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 is the cutting of when recording your greeting message for the message bank, this has happened on all deployments so far using these two packages.

In the 7 series the user had about 30 seconds to record this greeting, now it is less then 15, so far the longest I have encountered is 13 seconds to be able to record this greeting, before it cuts the user off.

I do not beleive this to be the same problem as what is being described, although it may derive from a similar problem maybe???

However the moving to version 8.0.2 is still beneficial so the mentioned problems are not going to hold me away, I am not the type of person to go backwards, I am normally happy to live with the problems unless they are too great to deal with, and if I can not find a work around to keep the client happy, progression means we need to move forward, to me that is bugs and all :)

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: