I am in hot water, i am not good with wireless i have wireless LAN in my network which is connected to wired network. the problem is my clients get connected to the network but suddently they loose connectivity and start dhcp request and get limited connecitivity with automatic ip address.
My network design is like this.
1. I have a three floor building every floor has its own core and access layer and floors are connected layer 3 (not usual layer 2).
2. Wireless Controllers 4402 are in layer 3 mode and are on ground floor and AP are everywhere in building.
3. Wireless controllers are connected to ground floor core using a VLAN say VLAN 205 and AP's on ground floor and other floors are in different VLANs (physical connectivity of AP's).
4. controllers are configured for two different VLAN's say VLAN 212 for data and VLAN 213 for voice.
5. VLAN interface of the controller is configured with right helper address for DHCP.
My problem is i am a bit confused with the desigh of the network. As i mentioned all floors are connected layer 3 it means seperate VTP domain and seperate VLAN's, all APs on all floors are in differnt IP subnet respectively. but the wireless VLAN is common for all the users on all floors, this is the bit which confuses me alot. the wireless data VLAN has its own IP subnet which is advertised from gound floor only (make sense) but the users are not connecting to ground floor APs only they are connecting everywhere in the building. Users are getting IP address from the wireless VLAN range on every floor, can anybody explain me how they are getting communication because wireless subnet is only local to ground floor core not to first floor or second floor but some people are connecting to 1st floor and 2nd floor AP and are working fine.
The next pain is that my laptops started loosing IP address and they get automatic private IP address hence loose connectivity, the communication issue i referred above is secondary i am actually looking to rectify the ip address issue because users are having problem with it. Signal strength on every floor is perfect and coverage is ok, i have tried to debug dhcp detail packet but i don't receive any because controllers are in differnt VLAN for physical connectivity. Can somebody help me with this thing?