Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal or Corporate Directory on all phones

dsommerh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Community

I use the SPA 9000 in a personal environment and would like to have a directory where all numbers are saved and visible on all phones, so the phone in my flat should have the same numbers as the phone in the office which is on the same SPA9000.

Is there a way i can do that ?

Thanks for help

Daniel

4 Replies 4

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

I would recommend using the spa9000 wizard to install the phones with the spa9000.  It will put all the extensions of each phone in the corporate directory so that every phone can see all the different extensions available to call.

CTRLITINC
Level 1
Level 1

Daniel,

Do you mean the phone number for the extension on the phone system? The default Corporate Directory will be published by the SPA9000 and includes all phones subscribed to the SPA9000. All phones can see they by default. If you want to share outside numbers you have a couple options:

LDAP - If you have LDAP service that you can create a directory which the phones subscribe to. I have used this in a Windows Active Directory installation.

Call Ctrl - This is a call manager that connects from you computer to your phone. Inside Call Ctrl it pulls the SPA9000 directory as well as a XML file that can be on a file file share somewhere and shared between Call Ctrl users.

HTH,

Steve Wofford

Call Ctrl Call Manager for

SPA900 - SPA500 IP Phones

Thanks for help, but i would like to have all Phonenumbers typed in in one Phone on everyphone.

Means if i save my Mobile Number it should be viewable on all connected phones, the corporate

directory has only included all extensions internally.

So if I save 100 Phonenumbers on one phone they shoud be visible on all connected phones.

What is the easiest way to have something like that ?

Thanks

Daniel

There is no way to do this on the phone system itself. You need some sort of outside application or custom programming.

The only alternative I see feasible is if your users use Windows, you can install Call Ctrl and there is an option to have a shared directory between Call Ctrl users. The phone numbers dialed in Call Ctrl can be shared between Call Ctrl users. Call Ctrl allows users to use all of thier phone functions from thier desktop. For example, there is click to dial from IE, Outlook and any other windows application that stores phone numbers. It adds the ability to share phone number among all Call Ctrl users, so that there is a central directory defined in XML where you can enter these 100 phone numbers and all users can see them. This doesnt put them on the phone, but a user can call that number on their phone from their desktop by double clicking it.

There is a 30-day trial so you can see if it may help meet your needs: www.uctrlit.com/CallCtrl

HTH,

Steve Wofford

Call Ctrl Call Manager for

SPA900 - SPA500 IP Phones