Views
Helpful
Replies

After certain tone timeouts per cadence settings, what tone is played next

adam.morris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

All of these questions are in relation to which tone is played with a certain tone ends due to how the cadence in configured in the SPA2102:

1. busy tone 480@-19,620@-19;10(.5/.5/1+2)

What tone does the ATA play after 10 seconds of busy tone?

2. ringing tone 440@-19,480@-13;60(2/4/1+2)

What tone does the ATA play after 60 seconds of ringing tone?

3. dial tone 350@-19,440@-19;10(*/0/1+2)

What tone does the ATA play after 10 seconds of dial tone?

Thanks,
Adam

8 Replies 8

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

I was looking at the ata admin guide and it doesn't have the info that you are looking for but the phone admin guide does.  Look at page 147 which is in chapter 7.

Thanks Nelson, but this does not answer my questions.  The main quesiton is what tone is played after the section length times out for each tone?

You can test this, I just had the phone off hook and got the dial tone for 10 seconds, then I got the reorder tone.  You should be getting the same order of tones like a regular phone that goes off hook.

Thanks Nelson.  So is the reorder tone also played after these tones timeout as well?  Is the reorder tone played after all tones timeout?

1. busy  tone 480@-19,620@-19;10(.5/.5/1+2)

What tone does  the ATA play after 10 seconds of busy tone?

2. ringing  tone 440@-19,480@-13;60(2/4/1+2)

What tone does the ATA play after 60 seconds of ringing tone?

It's supposed to match up with what you normally hear when using a phone connected to standard PSTN.  If it's not, let me know and I can write it up for dev to address.

Thanks Nelson.  If possible can you please ask your Dev?

I'm surprised that you didn't try this with the ata.

I just tried it and what I get after the busy tone times out, I hear the busy sound twice as fast, which matches up to reorder tone and then shortly after, I hear the off hook tone.

After the ring back tone times out, I get the busy tone.

Thanks Nelson.