Views
Helpful
Replies

Holding Tone Question

adam.morris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using the SPA2102 and I am curious as to when the holding tone is played to the analog phone?  Is the holding tone used when a analog phone uses hook/flash?  If not, what tone is played back?

Thanks,
Adam

6 Replies 6

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

This hold tone occurs when the far end has placed the call on hold and you would then hear this tone on the local phone.

Thanks Nelson for responding.  So, please confirm that this tone will never be heard when deploying SPA2102s.  The way our network works is if the far end puts our ATA on hold, the RTP stream just is dead air, but the no SIP signalling will ever get to the ATA.

If there's no Invite to hold received by ATA, then the tone shouldn't be heard.

Thanks Nelson, then this makes sense.  So what tone is being played in this scenario:

ATA calls PSTN1, PSTN1 picks up

ATA puts PSTN1 on hold by pressing the hook/flash

After the hook/flash, is pressed, what tone is being played in the analog phone?

I was looking for that parameter on the ATA and I don't see one for it (seems like dev missed making that parameter avail to change).  On the phones, I believe it's Call Waiting Tone.

Is this handled in CWT_Frequency and CWTX_Cadence parameters in the SPA2102?  This would seem to be the beep when an incoming call is received, rather than when hook/flash is pressed, but just thought I would ask?  If not, are you saying the tone I am referring to when on a call on a hook/flash is pressed to make another call is not configurable?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: