cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the content(HTML) frames be removed when connecting through SSL VPN?

dondehoff
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CISCO SSL VPN, and when I log in through it, I am correctly dumped out onto the front page of our Intranet.  However, it puts me in a framed environment so there is a frame above and a frame to the left, and a Logout button with a red X.  Now if I right click and copy a link and then paste that link into my browser, I go to a nice frameless page and a mini logout toolbar at the top right, which overlays the content.

My question is, how can the SSL VPN be configured to dump users directly to this frameless version after logon?  Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can customized the portal via ASDM --> Configuration --> Remote Access --> Clientless SSL VPN Access --> Portal --> Customization --> edit the DfltCustomization, OR, you can configure a new portal and assign it to your group.

To remove the left hand frame:

Portal --> Navigation Panel --> Mode: Disable

To remove the top panel:

Portal --> Toolbar --> Mode: Disable

Hope that helps.

halijenn,

Thank you very much for the reply.  I found that both the Navigation Panel and Toolbar are currently disabled, however, a gray border of about 10 pixels still appears at the left, and borders totaling about 50 pixels remains at the top.  Looking at the code, it looks like the contents of these frames are gone, but the frames remain, and are still taking up space.  Is there a way to configure the VPN to go to a particular site instead of opening up the view that has the toolbars at the top and left, and the content in the lower right frame?

Thank you again for your help.  Sorry I don't know the correct terminology, I'm just a web developer and I'm trying to assist the person who administers the VPN since he can't seem to be bothered to figure these things out on his own.

You are explaining it well..

Here is what you can test:

Under Portal --> Home Page --> instead of using the standard homepage, try to use your intranet site ("Custom intranet web page").

Currently it is set to "Custom Intranet Web Page", the URL of our intranet homepage is filled in, and "URL List Mode" is set to "Do Not Display"