How to test: upgrading the IPCC + CCM hardware, with same CVP and VGW

Unanswered Question
Apr 17th, 2010

Hello All;

The customer need to upgrade the hardware of the IPCC and CCM (they need to upgrade the hardware of RGR, PG, ODBC, HDS, ICM and CCM), but the software version will stay the same, and the CVP and the voice gateway will not be touched.

Actually we will install the OS and the Applications on the new hardware for the IPCC servers and the Call Managers, and configuration will be migrated for these servers.

But before deploying it to the live environment, we beleive that we have to test it without effecting the live senario, so what is the best suggested senario to be able to connect those servers to the network and have a testing to be sure that they are going to work fine with the voice gateways and the CVP, any suggested method to do this kind of testing?

I was think if it possible to do an option in the CVP script (the IVR script), so for example to be press 9 for help, and then it should use the new upgraded hardware of the CCM and IPCC and route the call for an agent connected to them (and not to an agent connected to the live)? Is it good? Can it be done?

Or, I was think if it possible to have if statement in the CVP script to test if the caller number was X, then if he press 0 for help (to be transferred for the call center), then it will use the new IPCC and CCM (upgraded hardware) and route it for an agent connected to this upgraded hardware instead of the live IPCC (old hardware), is it good? What do u think?

Note: actually the system has redundant elements on most of the parts (two voice gateways, two PGs, two RGRs, ... etc).

But I am afraid in case that the scripting of the CVP is invoked from the IPCC instead of being started alone, so that will make things complex, actually, what do u suggest in that case?

Any one can advise me?

Regards

Bilal

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion