LWAPP Access point wont advertise SSID's

Answered Question
Apr 17th, 2010

I have a 4402 WLC and LWAPP AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9  connected to it.

I have been wrestling with the config for sometime now.

I have a laptop right next to it that wont see the SSIDs I have configured being broadcast.

I have no idea why but I do have the following errors in the log.

Apr 17 11:37:59.091 sim.c:913 SIM-3-GW_MISMATCH: MAC address of the GW 00:0f:f7:32:c1:80 recieved in the JOIN Request differs from the cached MAC addr 00:00:0c:07:ac:64 of the Gw. Deleting the Gw IP 10.45.50.97 for the AP Mgr & sending ARP req. for resolv

Apr 17 11:37:49.080 spam_lrad.c:1107 LWAPP-3-DISC_INTF_ERR2: Ignoring discovery request received on a wrong VLAN (70) on interface (1) in L3 LWAPP mode

I notice the first error related to the GW IP, but I am not sure where this is specified and why it is mismatched.

I also dont know what the second error means either about the wrong VLAN.

Please can anyone help!

Many thanks,

Neil

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Leo Laohoo about 6 years 9 months ago

I've seen this in HP laptops some time ago and it's call "LAN Switching".  By default, it's disabled on the BIOS. 

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Neil Haswell Sat, 04/17/2010 - 14:15

Ok I now understand why I am not seeing any SSID's

I am actually troubleshooting this remotely and have a laptop sat next to the AP. The laptop has a hard wired connection that when connected disables the Wireless adpater. Its a HP nc6400 laptop. I am not sure if it is a laptop setting or a GPO.

So the not seeing the SSID is fixed.

When I shutdown the switchport for the laptop. I did see the laptop pick up a DHCP address in the wireless scope I configured.

However this actually only worked once which was wierd.

I solved the gateway mismatch by actually putting the correct gateway address into ap-manager interface.

But I am still left with the message

Apr 17 11:37:49.080 spam_lrad.c:1107 LWAPP-3-DISC_INTF_ERR2: Ignoring discovery request received on a wrong VLAN (70) on interface (1) in L3 LWAPP mode

However this has been joined with another log entry;

Apr 17 21:05:38.734 1x_auth_pae.c:2510 DOT1X-3-MAX_EAP_RETRIES: Max EAP identity request retries (21) exceeded for client 00:1b:77:31:9d:72

The Mac address here is the Wireless Adapter of my test laptop.

The information of the WLC is

Product Identifier DescriptionAIR-WLC4402-25-K9
Version Identifier DescriptionV04

Possibly this is not what you are after but if you show me where to look that would be great.

It might be relevant but I have joined the AP to the switch with

switchport access vlan 70

switchport mode access

The config to the WLC is on a Gi port

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allow vlan 2,11,70,80

switchport mode trunk

I am wondering if I should have

switchport trunk native vlan 70 in here?

The interface config on the controller is

(Cisco Controller) >show interface SUMM

Interface Name                   Port Vlan Id  IP Address      Type    Ap Mgr Gu
est
-------------------------------- ---- -------- --------------- ------- ------ --
---
ap-manager                       1    2        10.45.50.111    Static  Yes    No

management                       1    2        10.45.50.110    Static  No     No

service-port                     N/A  N/A      10.44.48.214    Static  No     No

virtual                          N/A  N/A      1.1.1.1         Static  No     No

york-vlan70                      1    70       10.44.51.1      Dynamic No     No

Many thanks,

Neil

Correct Answer
Leo Laohoo Sat, 04/17/2010 - 19:41

I've seen this in HP laptops some time ago and it's call "LAN Switching".  By default, it's disabled on the BIOS. 

Neil Haswell Sun, 04/18/2010 - 12:03

You were absolutly right about the HP laptops.

I suspect I will be able to get a lot further in my wireless setup once I get a decent laptop configuration.

I will post a new subject if I am still having difficulty with the next stages but hopefully I can clear up those error messages when I have a decent laptop to work with.

Many thanks,

Neil

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content