CUCM 6 and CUPs 7 Integration

Answered Question
Apr 17th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi team,

I am trying to add a new application server to CUCM6 and the type is "cisco unified presence server " but its not listed in there...

but the guy on net showing how to install on VMWare got it.

How come? is it a license issue? or do I need to activate a specific service on CUCM6?

Thank you in advance.

Sanjeev

Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 11 months ago

Hi

Current versions of CM/CUPS don't require you to add an application server. You just need the AXL-capable user set up, and CUPS will add the necessary bits itself.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Sun, 04/18/2010 - 11:58
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Member's Choice, May 2015

Hi

Current versions of CM/CUPS don't require you to add an application server. You just need the AXL-capable user set up, and CUPS will add the necessary bits itself.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

sanjeevreddyallala Mon, 04/19/2010 - 12:52
User Badges:

Thank you Aaron. I will try to do it as you suggested and I will let you know if its success.

snahosany Mon, 11/15/2010 - 22:57
User Badges:

Dear aaron,

I am having the same issue, although i have added an axl user and enable CUP in CCM 6 and have enabled the " allow subscription etc..." in service parameters and have created sip trunks as well. But after post-install of cisco unified presence i get the following error:

"At least one machine in the CUP Cluster is not in the list of CUP nodes in the CUCM Publisher's Application Server list. "

could you please advise.

I am using ccm 6 and CUPS 7.

Thanks and regards

Actions

This Discussion