Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QM Notification when endpoint not recording

Hi,

I have a problem with QM 2.7(2) with endpoint recording, when the QM Desktop Recording Service which is installed on the client PC has a malfunction

and stop to record, there is no alarm for this event.

Is there any way that QM Server send the notification to administrator and supervisor when this event occur?

Regards,

Tinnakorn

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can set up SMTP alerts on problems from the Desktop Admin program. If I recall correctly, you should do this the first time from postinstall.exe on the server itself. After that you can customize it from Desktop Admin on a client PC.

It sends alerts whenever any clients experience certain problems...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Can you Provide a Link with a detailed Config?

Thank You

Hi

The settings are described in the install guide:

http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/workforce_optimization/qm_2x/installation/guide/qm272install-cisco.pdf

Starting a page 61.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

I like your idea of linking that document on ratings. I hope it encourages forum users to rate posts and marked questions as answered when appropriate.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff

Hmm... yeah, I'm going for the 'Escalating Prompt' approach...

Aaron

Hy Aaron

Do they mean by "QM Configuration Setup tool" the PostInstall.exe File?

And if server is already configured (without enabling Monitoring and Notification) and running online, running the PostInstall.exe now shall it affect any of the old config? Any downtime? Running it what will affect? What do the mode mentioned hereafter means "The QM Configuration is launched in Update Mode."

I will go for "Email Notification" once I configure it. The "SNMP Notification" option will require a syslog server.

Kind Regards,

Hi

Yes, it means postinstall.exe.

The second time you run it the options are slightly different to the original setup (i.e. 'update mode') and are pre-populated.

It does restart services if you change certain options, I can't remember whether it does for this one so I would assume that it will. To be honest if it does it will only affect people playing back (using QM Desktop) as the recordings are done locally on the PC...

Regards

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: