Views
Helpful
Replies

call forward and internal calls

arnulf.blattl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is there any way a phone user can setup "call-forward all" but internal dn phones can still ring the phone?

i know you can block call-forward for internal calls, but calls are disconnected then and do not ring the phone.

lg

Arnulf

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arnulf,

There is a  feature, which is called "CFA Destination Override". Have a look;

Cisco  Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination  Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All  (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the  CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words,  when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the  user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the  initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The  override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or  external.

When  the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the  default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set  to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration  in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Release 5.0(4),  for information about configuring service parameters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note CFA  override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling  party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True.  If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not  match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA  remains in effect.

From this CUCM doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080739bb8.html

This only  works from the phone that the Call Forward All is directed to

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi.

I should have sayed this is for cucme we have some UC500 here.

Is there any possibility in cucme?

thanks

Arnulf

Rob,

The link in this post doesn't work.  Takes me to a cisco page not found...

Mark

Hey Mark,

I think there are some issues @ Cisco today, I can't get to the Bug Search Tool either;

Try;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmsys/a08ipph.html#wp1170014

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: