Views
Helpful
Replies

RME ISSUE in LMS 3.1

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I have an issue with RME in LMS 3.1 version. it was working fine but after integrating LMS login module with ACS (no application authorization only login authentication) it behaving very abnormaly. it is not collecting config for all devices and saying telnet credentials are incorrect.

but with same login user name and password i can login to all devices via telnet. but RME is not able to login and keep saying telnet credentials are incorrect. I am attaching the snap shot for your reference.

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are using telnet, start a sniffer trace of all tcp/23 traffic between this device and the LMS server.  Then, run a Sync Archive job for this one failing device.  When the job fails, post the sniffer trace file.  If you have confirmed the credentials are correct, then this could point to a CLI expect problem (e.g. you are using custom authentication prompts).  The sniffer trace will show that.

OK i will run that test and will post the output. but for your information I did not customised an

y authentication prompt its as usual which is without AAA integration. also I am getting syslog in de

vice from LMS server as below. its not showing any user name..and same in ACS I am getting saying user name missing in request.

001003: *Apr 25 18:37:49.304 DUBAI: %SEC_LOGIN-4-LOGIN_FAILED: Login failed [user: ] [Source: 172.17.14.4] [localport: 23] [Reason: Login Authentication Failed]  at 18:37:49 DUBAI Sun Apr 25 1993