cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T-CCS or SIP trunking !

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all. This question may sound stupid (or very stupid).

I have started my studies for CCVP. 1 year ago we faced a scenario. Our call center was moving to a different place. We decided to keep PRI on the previous location. A guy adviced us to use T-CCS, and route all the calls via ethernet to our current location. We had pri terminated via modem on E1 cards. Then we had a radio link to current location and over here, E1 cards again connected to their IVR server. This routing of call was done using T-CCS. I have just given a very basic overview. What i wanted to ask that, cisco has removed this topic from Cvoice. Is it replaced with some newer technology ? i am total newbie to voip but i thought that SIP trunking might be this alternative. So can anyone tell me what is the better alternative for T-CCS ?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

T-CCS is (was) required only when the singallng or other element in teh circuits, can not be natively handled by the router.

In your case there is no advantage to use it, and SIP or H.323 are better alternatives.

Dear Sir,

Suppose if i have the following scenario.

I have purchased a voice pri for my call center from my local telco on location A. But my call agents are sitting at location B. I have routers at both these locations connected via Radio link (over ethernet and 20 Mbps circuit). Now currently we are using T-CCS to forward calls from loc A to loc B. What other method can i use instead of T-CCS ? I hope you understand my confusion. Can you also refer me any doc that explains any other method.

Thanks in advance

A regular PRI configuration, with one side netwprk-side.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: