Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS automatic update to E4 engine

k.abillama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way for the IPS to automatically download the E4 engine through an FTP server like the signature auto update?

I need the answer the the below scnearios

1- upgrade from 7.0(2)E3 to 7.0(2)E4

1- upgrade from 7.0(1)E3 to 7.0(2)E4 -> In this case the whole SP should be downloaded, I doubt this can be done automatically but just in case there is a new way to do it???

5 Replies 5

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

- Upgrade from 7.0(2)E3 to 7.0(2)E4 can be done automatically through the auto-update from cisco.com. When you perform the signature auto update, it will automatically update the engine to E4.

- Upgrade from 7.0(1)E3 to 7.0(2)E4 needs to be done as per normal upgrade process, ie: download the upgrade package "IPS-K9-7.0-2-E4.pkg", and update the sensor.

Hope that helps.

Yes sure it helps, but just to make sure, if it can be done through cisco.com then it can be also done through a hosted FTP server

Actually we are hosting an FTP server on which we are regulary updating the signatures set, we were thinking of downloading the E4 engine as well but I guess we'll have to do it for each Service Pack

If you are using FTP server, and if you are already running the latest within that Service Pack, for example: 7.0.2(E3), then you just need to update the engine using this file:  IPS-engine-E4-req-7.0-2.pkg

Got it thx a lot for your help!

Great to hear.

Please always mark question as answered and rate useful post. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: