cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Authentication with ACS 5.1

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I am using LMS authentication via ACS. I am able to login to LMS successfully with ACS user name and password but I can not execute most of the task it says you are not authorised. do i need to anything in LMS except enabling login module to tacacs...

Let me know if I missed something.

Thanks

Ninja

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Integration with ACS 5.1 is not yet supported.  You can do authentication only with ACS 5.0, and 5.1 should work, but you will not be able to use full AAA integration.  Disable AAA mode, and set the login module to be TACACS+.  Point that to your 5.1 server, and you should be able to login, and run tasks in LMS.  However, you will still need to create local accounts in LMS for all of your users to do the authorization piece.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Integration with ACS 5.1 is not yet supported.  You can do authentication only with ACS 5.0, and 5.1 should work, but you will not be able to use full AAA integration.  Disable AAA mode, and set the login module to be TACACS+.  Point that to your 5.1 server, and you should be able to login, and run tasks in LMS.  However, you will still need to create local accounts in LMS for all of your users to do the authorization piece.

jain.nitin
Level 3
Level 3

thanks it worked. but need to ask one thing password should match with acs password for an user ?? caz i know mine password but dont know other users passwords which are on ACS so just wanted to check..LMS will check only username or password as well before giving authorization to a user.

If you are using an external authentication module, you do not need to specify a password for your users in LMS.  LMS will use the external login module for authentication.  All you need to specify in LMS are the roles the user will require.

Hello Joe,

I have one question about authorization. Is possible to use an AV pair or shell in ACS 5 (Radius or Tacacs) for assigning role (defined in LMS4.0) to the users? Like following: shell:admin=SuperAdmin default-domain. I think that the creation a lot of same users in LMS like in ACS when different roles are assigned to these users. is horrible for my customers. Thank you.

Roman

Unfortunately, this is not possible.  All authroization in LMS 4.0 must be done locally.  There is no way to inject authorization data from an AAA server into LMS 4.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: