Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-2SHDSL card configuration in Cisco 2801 router

nagabhushana.k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 2 Cisco 2801 routers each populated with 1 HWIC-2SHDSL card in it. I would like communication to happen between 2 routers using the DSL line (RJ-11 cable).

Unfortunately 2 Routers are not able to communicate over the DSL line as of now. So, I request any one to help me out to configure the router properly. Since I am doing this configuration for the first time, I am not able to understand where things are going wrong.

I have used following commands to configure the router.

Router1:

Router1(configure)# controller shdsl 0/1/0

Router1(configure-controller)#dsl-group 0 pairs 0

Router1(configure-controller-)# shdsl annex F-G coding 16

Router1(configure-controller-)# shdsl rate 4068

Router2:

Router2(configure)# controller shdsl 0/1/0

Router2(configure-controller)#dsl-group 0 pairs 0

Router2(configure-controller-)# shdsl annex F-G coding 16

Router2(configure-controller-)# shdsl rate 4068

Also, I have configured ATM interface with an IP address on both routers. 

Any configuration guide with an example for configuring the router to work back-to-back will be a great help.

How to connect multiple sites (in this case 2 sites) to a central location router (similar to Hub and Spoke) as HWIC-2SHDSL card has only one physical interface?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagabhushan

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try circuit continuity with a tester first, looping one side.

fawzi siyoucef
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ; I know that this question is posted 4 years ago ; but I will give an answer  in case of any one needs it later .

actually the configuration is correct but if you try to use a back to back connection you must define one router as CO and the other as CPE.

sincerly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card