I have two 6509 in my network. Both are running hybrid CatOS 8.6(3) and IOS 12.1(26)E3 on WS-X6K-S2U-MSFC2. I am planning to convert CatOS to IOS. I found 2 documents on CCO - Document ID: 12031 & 70273. The second document mentions about conversion tool. My questions are as follows:
- How complicate is it to convert CatOS to IOS on 6509?
- Do I need a conversion tool to convert CatOS configuration statements to IOS configuration statements?
- What are precuationary items I should be careful for the conversion?
- How can I compare CatOS software feature set with IOS software feature set?
- How long downtime do I expect during the conversion?
- How difficult is it to fallback to CatOS should things go wrong?
Any additional advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.