Views
Helpful
Replies

2nd line problem on extension mobility CUCM 6.x

sivakumar.kvp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to everyone,

It would be greatful if you guys guide me here to overcome the strange problem.I configured extension mobility with 2 lines on cisco ip phone 7940s.The problem is when i logged in ,it says logged in successfully but 1st line appears not the 2nd line.

Anyone faced sort of same kind in CUCM 6.1.

shiv

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Most likely problem is that you have a 'Phone Button Template' that defines only a single line. The second one by default is a speed dial.

Take a look at your device profile, and note down the name the the assigned Phone Button Template.

Go to Device/Device Settings/Phone Button Templates, and find the one you are using. If it's a default one, you will need to copy it and edit it. Set the second button to be a 'Line', then go back to your Device Profile and assign the new template.

Log out/in to the phone, and see how you get on.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hi,

Thanks for your quick response ... i configured a new template with two lines and assigned it properly as you said..still 2nd line is not appearing when i logged in..

any other ideas pls..

shiv

Hi

Can you screen grab the Device Profile configuration page?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Does the actual device model and the device profile model match???

You say you're using a 7940 so if your device profile is for other model you might be using the default device profile for 7940.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: