Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Adding user to Unity Connection 7.0.1

helawamry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have cisco unity connection installed on standalone machine, when i try to add any user i receive error on the attached picture.

How can i solve this issue.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The password credentials - either web or voicemail - conflict with the rules in the Authentication Rule(s) applied at the Subscriber Template and/or individual user level.  If you have the "Check for trivial passwords" flag checked then your password cannot be generic strings like 123456 or passwords with repeating characters such as 112233 or even aabbccdd - they are considered easy to hack.  Either assign new initial passwords or change the Authentication Rules and I suspect your issue will go away.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The password credentials - either web or voicemail - conflict with the rules in the Authentication Rule(s) applied at the Subscriber Template and/or individual user level.  If you have the "Check for trivial passwords" flag checked then your password cannot be generic strings like 123456 or passwords with repeating characters such as 112233 or even aabbccdd - they are considered easy to hack.  Either assign new initial passwords or change the Authentication Rules and I suspect your issue will go away.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks Hailey, you are right.

the issue is solved.