cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS Inbound Dial-peer

RJDavison_2
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CME 4.1 with a FXO and FXS ports.

The internal telephony network is running fine, my problem comes when trying to make a call from the PSTN to an anaolgue phone connected to the FXS port.

I can make outbound calls from the analogue phone, I can call internal IP phones etc etc.

When making  call from from the PSTN, I can hear it ring the other end for a couple of times, then I get a secondary dial tone ????

I've tried adding 'connection plar (extension number)' but this seems to bring its own problems - I hang up on the phone from which I've made the call and the analogue phpone connected to the FXS still keeps on ringing.

Here is the config for the voice ports and my dialing plans. 201 is the outbound through the FXO, and 202 and 203 are variations on the same thing to see if I'm not matching the correct string - i've added the stars into the 203 number for security.

Can anyone explain why the secondary dialtone ?

voice-port 1/0/0
!
voice-port 1/0/1
!
voice-port 1/1/0
!
voice-port 1/1/1
!
!
!
!
!
dial-peer voice 201 pots
destination-pattern 9T
port 1/0/0
!
dial-peer voice 202 pots
destination-pattern 260492
direct-inward-dial
port 1/1/0
!
dial-peer voice 203 pots
destination-pattern 01*08*6*492

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Well - the secondary dial tone is entirely normal, as you don't have a way of signaling in a destination number over FXS as you do with digital circuits. When you get that tone, you can probably dial your internal extension number.

The 'plar' command is the correct way to configure this.

The second problem you have - the continued ringing if you hang up - is a problem with disconnect supervision. Basically when the outside caller hangs up, there are ways of signaling this in to the FXO port, but they aren't standard. Depending on your country/carrier they may signal with tones, battery reversal, battery disconnection... so you need to either find out, or do a little trial/error testing to find the right solution.

Try this Cisco doc for some possible solutions (mainly the 'Supervisory-disconnect' commands):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

If you don't have any luck, try posting back what country/provider you use and someone may be able to point you...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Well - the secondary dial tone is entirely normal, as you don't have a way of signaling in a destination number over FXS as you do with digital circuits. When you get that tone, you can probably dial your internal extension number.

The 'plar' command is the correct way to configure this.

The second problem you have - the continued ringing if you hang up - is a problem with disconnect supervision. Basically when the outside caller hangs up, there are ways of signaling this in to the FXO port, but they aren't standard. Depending on your country/carrier they may signal with tones, battery reversal, battery disconnection... so you need to either find out, or do a little trial/error testing to find the right solution.

Try this Cisco doc for some possible solutions (mainly the 'Supervisory-disconnect' commands):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

If you don't have any luck, try posting back what country/provider you use and someone may be able to point you...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: