Wireless Site Survey and Heat Map Generation Tool

Unanswered Question
Apr 20th, 2010

Hello all,

Please advise me a wireless site survey and heat map generation software other than airmagnet. Currently i am using airmagnet and i want to know is there any software better than airmagnet. The problem with airmagnet is that when it generates the report the color intensity is too much and when i take the print out of the floor map i cannot see any floor plan but green color spreaded all over. There is no option to set the transparency in airmagnet. So please help me finding a software that performs better than airmagnet.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
George Stefanick Fri, 03/23/2012 - 23:54

When using AM if you enhance your floor plan (bring the walls forward and make them darker) with a photoshop program you should be fine. Ive used AM for years and know what you are talking about ...

tmarques87 Tue, 03/27/2012 - 04:12

I've worked many times with the Ekahau site survey professional and I enjoyed:

3D Network Planning

Analyze and optimize Wi-Fi coverage and performance

Automated, customizable reporting

Auto-Planner: Access point placement suggestion based on capacity andcoverage Requirements

Cisco WCS integration

Prepare and optimize your network for Wi-Fi RTLS

used once the AM and not liked, but also the experience with him was short anddid not read much about it.

the price difference between them I do not know if it's a lot or not ...

tests Ekahau heatmapper to get an idea of the site survey ... but site survey is more complete !!

This Discussion