cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check invalid packet on switch 6500?

vampirepong
Level 1
Level 1

I found this log on Switch 6500 at below.

%EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN: EARL L3 ASIC: Non-fatal interrupt Packet Parser block interrupt

I search from cisco.com  for workaround this issue. I need to know cause about MLS log. Please tell me know, how to check invalid packet with this issue?

Why web tell used no mls 3 command for diable log?

Amnaj P.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thiyagu VG
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Found some description about this error logs in Cisco site,

"Apr 20 17:53:38: %EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN: EARL L3 ASIC:

Non-fatal interrupt Packet Parser block interrupt"

The error message %EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN indicates that the Enhanced Address Recognition Logic (EARL)
Layer 3 (L3) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) detected an unexpected non-fatal condition.
This indicates that a bad packet, probably a packet which contains a Layer 3 IP checksum error, was received
and dropped. The cause of the issue is a device on the network that sends out bad packets. These issues,
among others, can cause the bad packets: Bad NICs; Bad NIC drivers; Bad applications

In older Cisco IOS Software releases, these packets are normally dropped without being logged.
The feature of logging error messages about this problem is a feature found in Cisco IOS Software
Release 12.2SX and later.

Workaround; please click: "http://www.ciscopress.info/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801b42bf.shtml"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
ThiyaguVG.

Message was edited by: Thiyagu Muthukumar Ganesan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Thiyagu VG
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Found some description about this error logs in Cisco site,

"Apr 20 17:53:38: %EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN: EARL L3 ASIC:

Non-fatal interrupt Packet Parser block interrupt"

The error message %EARL_L3_ASIC-SP-3-INTR_WARN indicates that the Enhanced Address Recognition Logic (EARL)
Layer 3 (L3) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) detected an unexpected non-fatal condition.
This indicates that a bad packet, probably a packet which contains a Layer 3 IP checksum error, was received
and dropped. The cause of the issue is a device on the network that sends out bad packets. These issues,
among others, can cause the bad packets: Bad NICs; Bad NIC drivers; Bad applications

In older Cisco IOS Software releases, these packets are normally dropped without being logged.
The feature of logging error messages about this problem is a feature found in Cisco IOS Software
Release 12.2SX and later.

Workaround; please click: "http://www.ciscopress.info/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801b42bf.shtml"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
ThiyaguVG.

Message was edited by: Thiyagu Muthukumar Ganesan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card