Doubt about configuration IPCCX 5.0

Unanswered Question
Apr 20th, 2010

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a solution with 02 IPCCX  Server version 5.0 (Publisher and Subscriber). I would like know if is possible configure any parameter in IPCCX to that inform (about alarm, e_mail, or another form) when the IPCCX to stop generate of backup. Is there this possibility in IPCCX?

Thank You,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Ryan LaFountain Tue, 04/20/2010 - 07:24

UCCX can be polled by an SNMP collector and also send alerts to a syslog server on the network. You can have any SNMP collector poll UCCX and you will get events back, like the one you have described, if the Cisco Alarm Service is running. All subprocesses of UCCX report their alerts to this process which then serves them to the collector when it is polled.

Alternatively, you can use the AppAdmin->System->Alarm Configuration to configure a syslog server and the level of alarms that are sent. Then, use AppAdmin->Tools->Alarm Definition to see which ones you want to filter.

You're most likley going to filter/trap:

Description Backup of the cluster failed
wilsonsant Thu, 04/22/2010 - 12:07

Hi Ryan,

Maybe You don´t had understood my Question. I configured the IPCCX to generate backup all days. My question is: Is It possible configure any parameters in the IPCCX that can inform when occur any problem in the generate of the backup? or Is it possible inform that don´t is more backup?

I need install any manager software to verify this process?

wilsonsant Tue, 05/04/2010 - 06:03

Hi Ryan,

I am sorry by answer only now, because, I was received the information about Server Syslog Name and IP only yesterday. After read again your explanation I understood your explanation. I have a one doubt, In second option I selected the options, but, the is not option to save. Is It necessary configure another features previous?

Thank You,

This Discussion