cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 VPN bug

bnemtanu2010
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with a VPN tunnel which works partially.
For  your understanding I will explain the context:
I have two routers in  the network, one used as a gateway (router 'A' – IP 192.168.0.1) and  one for creating the VPN tunnel (router "B" – IP 192.168.0.30), both  have public addresses on the WAN  and both have the LAN interface  connected in the same network.
IP address allocation is done by a SBS  W2K3 server.

All workstations have the router “A” as gateway and  are in the same class
When the VPN tunnel is up I can not reach from  outside the local network workstations (IP 192.168.0.3 - for example), I  can see only internal IP router “B”, although the tunnel is passed all  class configuration addresses (Local Security Group Type : Subnet )
When  I change the configuration of a workstation and put the router "B" as  gateway instead of "A" everything goes OK.

The same symptoms are  when I try to forward a external port to an internal IP.

I think  is a bug in the firmware.

I have the latest  firmware 2.0.0.19-tm

Regards

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Little hard to fathom, could you possibly put together a simple network diagram to illustrate the network topology, both local and remote networks.

(doesn't have to be too fancy)

But I'm also guessing from the information above,  that you have a static route defined in router A that points to the remote network with a nexthop being router B, 192.168.0.30 ?

Dave

I attached the diagram.

If I set on a  workstation the router B as gateway I can access this workstation from outside.

The static was the problem.

It's ok now

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: