cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 VPN bug

bnemtanu2010
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with a VPN tunnel which works partially.
For  your understanding I will explain the context:
I have two routers in  the network, one used as a gateway (router 'A' – IP 192.168.0.1) and  one for creating the VPN tunnel (router "B" – IP 192.168.0.30), both  have public addresses on the WAN  and both have the LAN interface  connected in the same network.
IP address allocation is done by a SBS  W2K3 server.

All workstations have the router “A” as gateway and  are in the same class
When the VPN tunnel is up I can not reach from  outside the local network workstations (IP 192.168.0.3 - for example), I  can see only internal IP router “B”, although the tunnel is passed all  class configuration addresses (Local Security Group Type : Subnet )
When  I change the configuration of a workstation and put the router "B" as  gateway instead of "A" everything goes OK.

The same symptoms are  when I try to forward a external port to an internal IP.

I think  is a bug in the firmware.

I have the latest  firmware 2.0.0.19-tm

Regards

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Little hard to fathom, could you possibly put together a simple network diagram to illustrate the network topology, both local and remote networks.

(doesn't have to be too fancy)

But I'm also guessing from the information above,  that you have a static route defined in router A that points to the remote network with a nexthop being router B, 192.168.0.30 ?

Dave

I attached the diagram.

If I set on a  workstation the router B as gateway I can access this workstation from outside.

The static was the problem.

It's ok now

Thank you