cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Design Assistance

jgorman1977
Level 1
Level 1

We are adding 3 mpls sites that will terminate into a 3750 but cannot rurn EIGRP. This 3750 also terminates other Metro LAN offices as well that run EIGRP.  Am I better off running OSPF and redistributing between EIGRP or running static routes for the MPLS?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

jgorman1977 wrote:

We are adding 3 mpls sites that will terminate into a 3750 but cannot rurn EIGRP. This 3750 also terminates other Metro LAN offices as well that run EIGRP.  Am I better off running OSPF and redistributing between EIGRP or running static routes for the MPLS?

Thanks in advance.

Personally for 3 sites i would use statics and simply redistribute those statics into EIGRP. Easier to configure and a less overhead on the switch not having to run another dynamic routing protocol.

Edit - the above assumes you don't have a huge amount of statics per site, hopefully you can summarise each site ?

Jon

Jon,

Thanks for the advice. Another question for you about the 3750.  The provider gave me a CE ip, so I would just create a layer 3 interface for that ip and create a vlan interface for our Internal subnet?  I get confused on the 3750.

Thanks

jgorman1977 wrote:

Jon,

Thanks for the advice. Another question for you about the 3750.  The provider gave me a CE ip, so I would just create a layer 3 interface for that ip and create a vlan interface for our Internal subnet?  I get confused on the 3750.

Thanks

Yes. On the port that connect to the provider -

int gi1/0/1

no switchport

ip address x.x.x.x

and then for your internal vlans you just have L3 vlan interfaces eg.

int vlan 10

ip address 192.168.5.1 255.255.255.0

etc. for each vlan.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card