Recording menu prompts in UCCX 7.x

Answered Question
Apr 20th, 2010

I'm seting up my first medium large menu (well 10 items) and realizing how hard this will be for someone to record in one shot.

Obviously the easiest way would be to have our "voice person" record each menu item separately and then merge them using some external program into one prompt to play with the Menu option.

Being the geek that i am, i'm wondering if there's another way to do this...

I have a script that allows our voice person to call in and record individual prompts and name them (well number them anyway).  It then uploads them to the repository.  Can I get the menu option to play a string of prompts instead of just one?  Then i wouldn't need an external program to merge them.

how do the rest of you guys do it?

Jon

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Aaron Harrison about 6 years 9 months ago

Hi

You can create a prompt variable called 'menu' or whatever you like..

Then set up a 'Create Container Prompt' step of type 'Concatenation'. Put your actual prompt IDs (or reference variables) into the list in a nice order.

Then play out then 'menu' prompt on your menu step.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Aaron Harrison Tue, 04/20/2010 - 10:00

Hi

You can create a prompt variable called 'menu' or whatever you like..

Then set up a 'Create Container Prompt' step of type 'Concatenation'. Put your actual prompt IDs (or reference variables) into the list in a nice order.

Then play out then 'menu' prompt on your menu step.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

thanmad Tue, 04/20/2010 - 10:14

ooo, this is awesome!  Thanks for the tip...On the mainMenu prompt variable, what do i put for the value then, since i'm not referencing an actual file?

Aaron Harrison Tue, 04/20/2010 - 10:40

Hi

Just leave it as null to start with if you like.

You assign a the output of the 'Create Container Prompt' step to that variable, which should initialize it.

Regards

Aaron

thanmad Tue, 04/20/2010 - 11:14

Anthony, HA!  i don't think i'm ready for that much spice.

thanmad wrote:

I'm seting up my first medium large menu (well 10 items) and realizing how hard this will be for someone to record in one shot.

I would not worry about that at all. The voice talent at recording studios are trained for that.

If you are doing it with an in-house voice talent, it may take a bit longer - a few more takes. But it will have a more natural flow than glueing together individual prompts. You just have to listen and decide. I know what I would choose.

Regards,

Geoff

thanmad Tue, 04/20/2010 - 11:13

Thanks Geoff,

yeah we'll have to listen to it and see what we think.  Inconsistancy issue could be a problem, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

jon

Actions

This Discussion