Remote VPN sites routing to each other through central office

Answered Question
Apr 20th, 2010
User Badges:

I have an odd issue here that I'm not sure what would be causing it.

We have a main office with a VPN 3005 concentrator, and multiple construction sites connected to it with VPN 3002 HW clients or ASA 5505s.

Home office (PVT): 10.0.x.x

Remote Site 1: 192.168.11.x

Remote Site 2: 192.168.12.x

For some reason Site 1 cannot ping Site 2 the first time, unless you initiate a ping from Site 2 at the same time.

Once you run the ping command from both HW clients at these locations, they respond fine until the power is cycled.  The routes seem to be fine, but I'm not sure what would cause it to timeout unless a ping is initiated from both ends?

Further documentation can be provided if requested. I just wanted to see if it was something simple I was overlooking.

Example:

192.168.11.x pings 192.168.12.x - Timeout

Site 1 and Site 2 ping each other at the same time - Reply

After success - Site 1 can ping Site 2 without Site 2 client initiating ping command

Correct Answer by biraja about 6 years 11 months ago

Hi,

Thank you for your question.  This community is for Cisco Small Business  products and your question is in reference to a Cisco Elite/Classic  product.  Please post your question in the Cisco NetPro forums located  here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro?view=overview This forum has subject matter experts on Cisco  Elite/Classic products that may be able to answer your question.

Regards,

Biraja

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
biraja Tue, 04/20/2010 - 13:48
User Badges:

Hi,

Thank you for your question.  This community is for Cisco Small Business  products and your question is in reference to a Cisco Elite/Classic  product.  Please post your question in the Cisco NetPro forums located  here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro?view=overview This forum has subject matter experts on Cisco  Elite/Classic products that may be able to answer your question.

Regards,

Biraja

alatechpro Tue, 04/20/2010 - 14:25
User Badges:

Thanks,

Thought this forum was different! It's a rare occasion that I visit, so I thought it had been changed...