Views
Helpful
Replies

MetroEthernet and MPLS network

drojasug33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm considering a MetroEthernet and MPLS network. The main reason for using MPLS is the VPN capabilities.

I was thinking about using the Cisco 3750 Metro Switch, it supports MPLS and EoMPLS.

So the plan is to deploy about four Metro 3750 in the beginning, but the problem is interconnecting them.

I have read about the two different kinds of ports customer ports and enhanced services ports. Just having two enhanced services ports it's my main limitation.

I would like to know about a way to interconnect them without a router. Especially because all the different router features the 3750 has.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

PD:

Sorry for my enghlish, it's my second language.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Drojasug33,

if all the C3750 ME are in the same site the easiest way to interconnect them would be to use two L2 LAN switches

each C3750 ME connects with one service port to LAN switch1 and with the other service port to LAN Swicth2

Note:

the LAN switches have to be configured to support bigger frames so you need to use devices that support the increase of MTU

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Drojasug33,

if all the C3750 ME are in the same site the easiest way to interconnect them would be to use two L2 LAN switches

each C3750 ME connects with one service port to LAN switch1 and with the other service port to LAN Swicth2

Note:

the LAN switches have to be configured to support bigger frames so you need to use devices that support the increase of MTU

Hope to help

Giuseppe

So, if I interconnect them with a switch I could run MPLS over the L2 switch?.

Does increasing the MTU is similar to Jumbo Frames??

You've been very helpful.

Thanks.

Hello,

thanks for your kind remarks

>>

So, if I interconnect them with a switch I could run MPLS over the L2  switch?.

Does increasing the MTU is similar to Jumbo Frames??

yes to both questions. I recommend to use two L2 LAN switches to avoid to have a single point of failure

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: